Let's see what Twitter can do

HB 274 - Day 4


I follow several animal rescue groups (to the occasional chagrin of my husband) on Facebook.  It's a dangerous thing to do because I might just find myself with yet another abused animal.  And we all know I have too many as it is. Many of these groups I have followed for years, but I have seen nothing Goddard's Law (HB 274).  

Having spent a decade in the corporate word, the biggest impediment to success of any kind is communication. I have seen failures over and over because of lack of communication between business units and people.  Unfortunately, this can also be applied to Goddard's Law (HB 274).  NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT IT.

I began reaching out to various recuses across the state of Ohio as an army of one.  One rescue told me they were a young organization and needed to focus on their primary mission.  My heart sank.  Making stricter laws should be part of every group's primary mission.  This is not to say a dedicated team needs to be part of every organization to follow legislation - but we all need to band together to pass these laws particularly when it's already in the Senate.  As little action as a few phone calls/ emails/ tweets/ shares on FB/Twitter can make a world of difference at this point.

Each rescue group is down in the trenches doing what they do, however, some are not seeing the bigger picture.  Ultimately, you can't fault them because they really do love animals and are trying their best to help them.  It's easy to be sucked into the emergency right in front of you - the dog who is tied up and freezing to death or the puppies who are on the euthanasia list for tomorrow because the shelter is full.

So I will do what I can to get these rescues talking about this.  I contacted 18 rescues yesterday.  Based on the "likes" on about 8 of those rescues, if each of those rescues had a campaign for HB 274 on Facebook & Twitter, over 50,000 people would be reached.  Of course, some people would be counted multiple times, so that number would be somewhat diminished. Nonetheless, an impact could be had. 

I also contacted 22 Ohio senators on Tuesday. Hopefully, someone listens.

I ask you to share - and not just once. Share it twice a week for a few weeks.
 http://www.fox45now.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/wrgt_vid_18454.shtml

I ask you to contact your senator.  
http://www.ohiosenate.gov/senate/index

On the positive side, HB 274 was referred to the Ohio Senate Agriculture Committee on 2/4/14.  The following are members of that committee:

@Troy_BaldersonTroy Balderson
@SenLouGentileLou Gentile
@BurkeForOhioDave Burke
@senatorcapriCapri Cafaro
@FrankLaRoseFrank Larose
@GayleManningOHGayle Manning
@bobforohioBob Peterson

I sent emails and tweets to everyone of them and will continue to do so each week.  It's not really that hard to do :)

(the above picture is Sammie. She is looking for a home too.  She was overbred, neglected, and forgotten.)

Comments

Popular Posts